Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cherryaki Marinade



Since I no longer eat anything with sugar or honey, I've had to get a bit creative with sweetening my foods. I absolutely love teriyaki sauce, but because there is sugar in it, I can no longer eat it. That is what lead to me creating this "Cherryaki" sauce, using cherries instead of sugar, which is much healthier than traditional teriyaki sauce.


You may use this recipe to replace anything that calls for teriyaki sauce or to marinate any kind of meat; Turkey, beef, chicken, or even meatless recipes for you vegetarian readers, or anything else your tastebuds desire with teriyaki can be used. I like to grill my teriyaki marinated meat, but any other cooking method you desire may be used.


One of the foods I have also stopped eating is soy sauce. Since cutting this out of my diet, I have discovered a product called "Liquid Aminos" made by Bragg. This is a delicious soy sauce substitute; It tastes just like soy sauce if not better and is available at most grocery stores and whole food markets. It's much better for you than regular soy sauce; There are no additives or artificial ingredients and is organic, not fermented like soy sauce, and contains 16 different amino acids. You may use soy sauce if you'd like, but I would highly recommend trying the liquid aminos.


Ingredients:

- 1 cup cherries, pits and stems removed
- 1/3 cup Bragg liquid aminos
- 3-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil (or any other oil of your choice)


Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend/process for a few minutes.

To marinate, pour sauce into a plastic bag or bowl with food to be marinated, tightly cover (or seal/close bag) and let meat sit in marinade in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes (or longer) before cooking.


(Shown in photo above: I marinated chicken breast tenders and put them on the grill to cook.)

1 comment:

  1. I just made this marinade for some flank steaks and wow!! It gave the meat so much flavor!

    ReplyDelete